Jails Action Coalition (JAC) New York
Submitted by Genevieve Beck-Roe on Fri, 06/17/2016 - 11:33
JAC New York is a coalition that includes those currently and formerly incarcerated, their family members, and community members who are "working to promote human rights, dignity and safety for people in New York City jails."
"NEW YORK CITY JAILS ACTION COALITION’S GOALS INCLUDE:
- Increasing transparency in DOC policies in NYC jails & accountability for DOC practices and abuses
- Ending the use of solitary confinement (SHU, the Box, the Bing, punitive segregation) in NYC jails and opposing the DOC’s planned increase in solitary confinement cells
- Addressing the physical and mental health needs of people in NYC jails and ensuring access to continuing care in the community upon release
- Advocating for more rehabilitative services in NYC jails to promote reintegration
- Fighting against the racist and discriminatory policies leading to mass incarceration."
Information on the JAC New York committees and how to get involved can be found at: http://nycjac.org/join-a-committee/
Contact Email :
10006 New York , NY
New York US